Friday, June 16, 2017

REVIEW:The Amazing Spider-Man #28

Writer: Dan Slott
Penciler: Stuart Immonen
Inker: Joe Caramagna
Colorist: Marte Gracia& Andres Mossa

You know, I thought I would most likely give this Osborn Identity a solid “meh”, and most likely get a nosebleed from reading the arc. I know the Osborns are a HUGE part, and I’d go so far as saying that next to Uncle Ben’s demise the Osborn’s would be a solid #2, on the meat and potatoes list of my beloved wall-crawlers super important things list…or MPLOMBWCSITL for short.

That being said I did not want to read about the umpteenth return of possibly, or perhaps undeniably, the greatest rogue in the Web-Head’s rogues gallery. It turns out Slott has actually been nailing it in my opinion. After Superior Spider-Man, the guy has earned as much rope as he needs, but I’ve been totally digging this run. In addition to Slott keeping me wanting more, the art crew has been killing it as well. It’s so, so good to read a really entertaining Spider-Arc, it definitely helps a guy wash the Clone Conspiracy stank right off. Nope. I had an old man, “get off my lawn”, scowl right to the very end of that business. There was no joy in my life. At the end of the issue it’s more than hinted that the OG Osborn, the man responsible for the death of Gwen Stacy, would once again don the green and purple, and to be honest, I’m freaking excited for it.          

The way old man Osborn comes at Spidey in this issue is super-bad and meticulously planned, and there are always cool gadgets involved…unlike some of these obsolete ridiculous Spider-vehicles. Give me a freaking break… Spider-Man is meant to swing around the city, not hover around in a stupid-ass Spider-Car with legs or whatever you wanna call that thing. I hate it so much. I get the tech suits, I can understand that no problem, but the garage full of lame ass rides…not happening for me. Nose bleeds imminent. Other highlights include: Silver Sable, Mockingbird, and The Wild Pack. Just in case you’ve been distracted by a certain Secret somethin’ or other, they’re doing just fine on the Spider-Books across the board in my opinion…2099, Amazing, and Miles’ book, Spider-Man, have all been solid over here.

Next month we’ve the newest incarnation of Spectacular coming out, which is pretty exciting as well. Not to mention Eddie Brock is once again bonded with Venom and will no doubt be making an appearance in the Spider-Pages soon. The only thing that I’m not excited for in the near future is Spider-Men 2. Wasn’t really a fan of the first mini-series, to be honest, and I most likely will steer clear of the follow-up and any bastard children that fall off of that tree. Hail Hydra.

No comments:

Post a Comment