Friday, April 20, 2018

REVIEW: The Incredible Hulk #714

Writer: Greg Pak
Penciler: Carlo Barberi
Inker: Walden Wong
Colorist: Frank D’Armmata
Review: Madman

I’m so not happy here.
I have steadfastly avoided every Hulk book involving the heretical Amadeus Cho. I just can’t do it; I don’t have the resolve to stomach this nonsense. Not only were we forced to deal with Hawkeye taking down one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe, but we had to see one of Marvel’s most endearing characters replaced with an overrated Millennial. I do faithfully read the Champions books, and I really have been digging the series as a whole, but I try to ignore the new, “Totally Awesome Hulk”, as best I can.
Thankfully the series has been more focused on the other members on the team such as Nova and Viv lately, so it hasn’t really been all that hard to look the other way.

Although Amadeus has been around on and off since around 2005 he didn’t start ruining my Hulk until 2015 when Marvel started that whole All-New, All Different phase I grew to hate. After two years Marvel has advertised the return of Bruce Banner and the one, true Hulk, thank God.
Seeing The Incredible Hulk title start back up I snatched this issue hoping it was indeed the return of Banner, but it seems I jumped the gun and am way too early…
So here we are, Bannerless, going through withdrawals and being spoon-fed this World War Hulk 2.  As far as I can tell no one really cares about it, because one World War Hulk was enough. It’s so sad to see Marvel regurgitating the same old storylines over and over, just like Civil War…
I mean, what was wrong with the first one? I won’t even get started on the Nazi Cap.
Whose idea was it to take Marvel Down this road? I really need to know…asking for a friend.

Needless to say, this book was more of a chore for me to read than a form of entertainment. I really just can’t stand Cho-Hulk. I hate everything about him from the stupid haircut to his trademark Vespa. I don’t blame Bendis; I’d have left, too, probably much sooner.
Who I do blame is Greg Pak. This guy just needs to stop and think about what he’s doing. That’s right, Pak needs a time out…
Let the guy write a book with a character no one cares about like GwenPool, or maybe Pak and R.L Stein can team up and ruin some more Man-Thing or something, but please, please get this Pak and his abomination bastard Hulk the hell outta here.
I don’t even want to get into anymore detail about this book, because I can’t and won’t make myself care.

No comments:

Post a Comment